This is an easy, yummy GAPS legal dinner! Make sure to soak the lentils in water the night before so that they’re easy to digest. If you’d like to serve this with guacamole, check out my recipe for Winter Guacamole.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 TB chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (homemade)
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 recipe Winter Guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- Rinse and drain the lentils, set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the beef.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender.
- Add the garlic, lentils and spices, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in the salsa and top with cheese.
- Replace the lid and turn off the heat.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
- Serve with lettuce and guacamole and sour cream if desired.
This recipe was shared at Fat Tuesday.