I was super excited to accidently come up with this recipe. I came up with another coconut flour brownie recipe last week, and then “messed up” on it this weekend right before having guests over, and was amazed at my mistake. They were SO good! If you know me, you know I love me some chocolate, so this is going to become a staple in my home (you know, on the weekly list, like: make butter, make yogurt, make granola, soak seeds, make brownies). Yup. I love them THAT much.
- 1 cup butter or ghee, melted and slightly cooled where to buy ghee
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp sea salt where to buy sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour where to buy coconut flour
- Butter a 9x13 pan (mine was slightly larger than 9x13). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, remove from heat. Add the cocoa powder into the butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the honey, vanilla and salt and whisk well.
- Add in the coconut flour, little bits at a time, mixing well to avoid lumps.
- Add in the cocoa powder-butter mixture and whisk very well. If you do not whisk well enough, you'll have clumps in your brownies that are yellow when the rest is chocolatey-brown. :)
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- YUM. Go make some right now! :)
This recipe has been shared on Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesday and Kimi Harris’ Pennywise Platter Thursday and Hearth and Soul Hop and Laura’s Tasty Tuesday and Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop and Fat Tuesday