My family did the GAPS Intro diet again for 1 week–that was about all we could handle, this time around. The GAPS Intro Diet is AMAZING, folks! It’s healing–and if you’ve been through it and are going through it again; it’s torture. But really, I recommend doing a GAPS Intro “cleanse” every now and then, just to get your body back on track. If you’ve had the flu or some kind of illness, this diet will be especially helpful in re-establishing proper gastrointestinal bacteria.
This is a very easy soup. You can really use any cut of chicken or any type of meat. If your meat is already cooked, cook the veggies until mostly soft, and then add in the cooked meat and cook until warm.
GAPS Intro Stage 1 Chicken, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped (no stalks)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- animal fat
- Pour the broth into a large pot, add chicken.
- Place on burner over high heat.
- Cook until the chicken is done.
- Add in onion, garlic, carrots and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add animal fat for nutritional benefit.