This is one of my very favorite chicken recipes. It is SO easy and yet very yummy.Â
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (legs, thighs and/or breasts)
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee, melted
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth (for gravy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the melted butter or ghee into a large metal roasting pan and spread around with a paper towel or spatula.
- Place the chicken in the pan and drizzle the chicken with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear and the internal temperature is 170 degrees. (Note that larger pieces of chicken will take longer to cook).
- To make the gravy~
- Set the chicken aside on a plate or platter and cover to keep warm.
- Set the roasting pan on a burner of your stove, heated to medium.
- Using a spatula, scrape the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Add in the white wine or chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Pour this mixture into a smaller saucepan and cook on medium-high to reduce.
- When the gravy has thickened a bit, it's ready to serve! Enjoy it on top of your chicken!
This recipe was shared at Fat Tuesday