I got this idea from Cara’s Chocolate Gelatin “Pudding”. I love Cara’s recipes because they’re simple. She makes it easy for people to eat GAPS. It does not have to be super difficult, people! If you’re feeling overwhelmed by GAPS and you need help, I highly recommend Cara’s Intro Book and her Meal Plans.
I wanted to make something pink for Valentine’s Day, so I played with her recipe and added frozen raspberries instead of chocolate. You’ll need to use an immersion blender or a blender so that you don’t have big raspberry chunks. My kids really loved this recipe!
At the bottom of the bowl there may be a thin layer that looks like “Jell-O” (I think it is the coconut water that separated from the milk. It still tastes good! If you’re talented, you can try to turn the ramekin over and serve it bottom-side up, for a different look. I tried this and it didn’t look as beautiful as I wanted it to. See what I mean?
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 1/2 TB gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put 6 to 8 ramekins into a 9x13 pan or on a baking sheet, set aside.
- Clear a space in your fridge that's big enough for the pan you've prepared. :)
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly with an immersion blender (or very carefully pour everything into a blender).
- Pour mixture into the ramekins and chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Garnish with mint leaves and more frozen raspberries (optional).
This recipe was shared at Homestead Barn Hop, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Made with Love Link Party, Monday Funday, More the Merrier Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Motivate Me Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Marvelous Mess, Sunday School, Thank Goodness it’s Monday