Happy Saturday! I’m starting a new tradition here at The Well Fed Homestead, where I share with all of you what my favorite resources were from the week. I’m going to be posting this on Saturdays. First, I will always share a few of my favorite posts from my Well Fed Wednesday blog carnival. If you’d like to participate in Well Fed Wednesdays, you can come enter your links starting 6 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday night! I will also share some of my other favorite resources from the web.
Favorite Posts from this week’s Well Fed Wednesday Blog Carnival:
- Carrie Healed Hashimoto’s Disease with the GAPS Diet I love this post, because pre-GAPS, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease. My Dr. refused to test me again post-GAPS, because she said that it “doesn’t change.” Not true! Diet makes all the difference!
- Dry Beans vs. Canned: Making Your Own “Fast Food” Good info–no reason to buy canned beans!
- Probiotic Gummy Candy Recipe Ooh! A sneaky Mom recipe!
- What is Guar Gum? Good info on this mystery ingredient that seems to be in everything!
- You are Not What You Eat This has been on my mind a lot lately–I think I’m going to go buy some charcoal tablets and do this test! Check it out!
Favorite Posts from around the Web this week:
- How to Find, Identify & Cook Fiddleheads I had no clue what a fiddlehead was until I read this post! I am very fascinated by the idea of searching for wild edibles–but scared at the same time. We own about 30 acres of farm land, and even though we only technically grow/raise food on a few acres (so far!), I know that there is food on our land that we aren’t even aware of. Knowing how to identify edible plants is a basic survival skill. (I’m picturing a famine, like in The Good Earth, and knowing exactly which types of bark we can cook, and what leaves to add to soup, etc.!).
- 12 Unique Ways to Get Your Kids to Eat Cauliflower Because getting my kids to eat veggies was once a struggle–and I know it is for many of you, too! These are some tasty ways to cook cauliflower for adults, also!
- Whats in Your Skincare Products? Our skin is our largest organ, and I think that people pay far too little attention to what they are putting on their skin!
- Oil of Oregano Have you tried it? Oil of Oregano is AMAZING, potent stuff!! One time I got a bad cold and ear ache (aka yeast in the ear). I took Oil of Oregano by mouth and got better quickly! It is good stuff to have on hand! And here is one more post about Oil of Oregano.