I just couldn’t wait! I couldn’t wait to try a little piece, and I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you! I have been creating and practicing recipes for a GAPS and Paleo Holiday Recipes e-book I am writing (which will be available on this site very soon!!!) but I just couldn’t wait to share this one. Just look at the photo….
Really, they’re good for you!!! See why I just couldn’t wait?!?! Ok, here’s how I made them:
The day before or at least several hours before, start draining some 24 hour homemade yogurt to get the whey out & make it thicker. I drained mine all day to make a really thick yogurt that’s the texture of cream cheese. If you’re eating cream cheese, use that.
- 2.5 cups roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 TB honey (or more if you like things extra sweet)
- ¼ cup butter
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 1½ cups drained 24 hour yogurt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pumpkin Pie Topping:
- 15 oz canned pumpkin (or 1.5 to 1.75 cups home cooked pumpkin)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- For the Crust:
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl, spread on top of the crust.
- For the Pumpkin Pie Top:
- Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl and spread on top of the cheesecake filling, being careful not to mix the layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes. Chill a couple of hours before serving (or dig right in just to make sure it's ok to feed your family :)).
YUM! If you need the flavors of FALL and you want it now, go make this dessert!!