Hi, I’m Brenda! I have a couple of big passions that you need to know about:
- JESUS CHRIST and the saving work He did for me and you on the cross, so that we don’t have to work to be perfect, to know God or to live with Him for eternity.
- REAL FOOD and it’s ability to nourish, energize, heal and restore the human body so that we can live the life we were created to live. I am finishing up Nutritional Therapy Consultant program through the Nutritional Therapy Association. I have loved every bit of this course!
- ADOPTION AND FOSTER CARE, an amazing and also difficult ministry that my husband and I have been called to participate in. Three out of five of our children came to our family through the miracle of adoption. We have cared for children who weren’t ours to keep. We have grieved the loss of children we thought–we were told–we were going to be able to adopt. I write about adoption on my other blog, The Adoptive Mom.
You’ll also see Farming and GAPS Diet posts scattered throughout this site. Here’s why:
- We were FARMERS on roughly 30 acres for a few years. We also fostered four kids and raised them with our two bio and two adopted children on the farm. After more than a year with us, the foster kids left and all of us were an emotional wreck. Nothing seemed to go right for us anymore. We felt like jugglers, only–we were dropping literally every ball. Our farm was in debt, we weren’t making the money our carefully pencilled out plan said we’d make, and we didn’t feel like we had enough time to invest in our family. We went through a season without homesteading, living on neighborhood lots for seven years, and then guess what? God opened the door for us to become farmers again! Stay tuned, as this new chapter of the story unfolds.
- Our family was on the GAPS DIET for 3 years of our life. I think the GAPS Diet is an AMAZING diet and it brought tremendous healing to our family.
Blessings to you!
p.p.s. Feel free to e-mail me, anytime.