I LOVE arugula! It has a bit of a bite to it, so sometimes kids (and even some adults) aren’t fond of it. Arugula is widely used in Italy as a green by itself, a mixed green within a salad, a cooked green, or even a pizza topping! 🙂 Eating greens like arugula regularly can help your body fight off carcinogens. (source) Arugula is a great source of Vitamins A, C and K, and provides high levels of Iron and Copper. Try this salad and see if you enjoy arugula! 🙂
Arugula Avocado Salad
- 5 oz arugula, washed
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Arrange arugula, carrots and avocado on each plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and raspberry vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.