We have a ton of blueberries in our freezer, and I’ve been trying to think of ways to use them (summer is coming faster than we think, and my kids and I love blueberry picking in the summer!). The Farmer worked from home today (I love those days!) and I wanted to make a better-than-average breakfast, so I made this up and served it along side some eggs. I hope you enjoy this! We thought it was super yummy!
GAPS Coconut Flour Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until it is lightly browned (this gives it a good flavor).
- Use a little bit of the butter to grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, kefir, vanilla and honey.
- Whisk in the baking soda, spices and coconut flour.
- Fold in the blueberries and bananas.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until no longer wet in the center.
Copyright The Well Fed Homestead https://www.wellfedhomestead.com