It’s summer time (and almost the 4th of July!) and you want to grill, right? But if you’re on GAPS, the idea of grilling can be a little daunting, because every barbecue sauce out there has sugar in it (or worse yet, corn syrup!). Not any more! You can make amazing, yummy barbecued ribs that are GAPS legal! Yay!
- 4 TB sea salt
- 2 TB black pepper
- 2 TB ground cumin
- 2 TB dried oregano
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 racks ribs
- 28 oz jar crushed tomatoes
- 2 TB chili powder
- 4 c orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 c beef broth (homemade is best)
- 32 cloves garlic, smashed
- Braise the ribs a day ahead, if possible.
- Braising ~ Preheat oven to 200Â°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Coat ribs well with rub and place in a baking dish.
- Pour tomatoes, chipotle peppers, orange juice, beef broth and garlic over ribs.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove ribs from oven when meat is tender and falling away from the bone.
- If done the day prior, refrigerate ribs.
- Grilling ~ Grill ribs on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side (If ribs were not refrigerated, the grill time may be shorter).
- Pour the braising/barbeque sauce in a medium pan over low heat. Let sauce simmer and reduce. Top ribs with sauce before serving.
Copyright The Well Fed Homestead https://www.wellfedhomestead.com
What are your favorite foods to cook on the grill?
This was shared at Real Food Wednesday!