We’ve been making this salad since we were on the GAPS Diet (which we started approximately 10 years ago & were on for 3 years!). My kids love this salad. It is a nice dinner addition and quite easy to prepare. This recipe is in my GAPS Meal Plans.
Grain-Free Carrot Raisin Salad
- 1 lb carrots, shredded
- 2/3 cup raisins, no sugar added
- 1 cup plain yogurt (homemade is best, use coconut milk yogurt for a dairy free version)
- 3 TB honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Combine yogurt, honey and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Shred carrots in a food processor or with a cheese grater and add to the yogurt mixture.
- Add raisins to the salad.