Do you think that enchilada sauce has to come in a can? Or, that making it from scratch must be really difficult? Well, I’m happy to share with you, it’s EASY! Try this recipe and tell me what you think! Will you go back to the canned (blah!) stuff again? 🙂
Grain-Free, GAPS Legal Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 c butter or ghee
- 2 TB coconut flour
- 3 TB chili powder
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 4 1/2 c water
- sea salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter or ghee in a medium sauce pan.
- Add in the coconut flour and stir to brown it.
- Add the spices and tomato paste, stir until well combined.
- Add water gradually, stirring.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer on low, stirring often, until thickened.
Copyright The Well Fed Homestead https://www.wellfedhomestead.com
What do you think of this recipe? Share your thoughts!