I haven’t always been a coffee drinker. You can blame my husband. Yup, it’s all his fault. 😉 I was the tea drinker, and he was the coffee drinker, and he kept begging me to come to the dark side and join him. Anyone else have the same kind of situation going on? And once you’re on the dark side, it’s hard to leave it, isn’t it Anakin? Oh, I mean–sorry, we’re not talking about Star Wars here. 😉
These days, I’ve been eating pretty much grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar only on rare occasions. One day I decided to make up a mocha that wouldn’t be “cheating.” I’ve been drinking it often, ever since I made it up, and this is my favorite kind of coffee! Here’s my recipe:
- 6-8 oz brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or rice milk if you’re not eating Paleo)
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T maple syrup
- splash vanilla extract
- Brew coffee to your liking.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the coconut milk.
- Whisk in the other ingredients until combined and warm.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into coffee and serve!
I have a little milk frother that is so helpful for making this coffee. For a cheap little tool, it really is a power horse! Have you used one of these before?