My husband and I started eating Paleo yesterday, but our kids are eating gluten free. For breakfast we had an egg casserole, for lunch we had lettuce wraps, and for dinner we had BBQ Beef & Cabbage. This is a simple 1 pot dinner for Paleo peeps. For the non-Paleo folks, cook a pot of rice, gluten free pasta, or bake some potatoes in the oven.
Paleo BBQ Beef & Cabbage (with options for non-Paleo family members)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 TB olive oil
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
- INGREDIENTS FOR NON-PALEO FAMILY MEMBERS
- rice or
- brown rice pasta or
- baked potatoes
- First, start whatever you'll be cooking for your non-Paleo family members. Cook baked potatoes in the oven for an hour, or start rice in a pot or a rice cooker, or start some water boiling for the pasta.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add in the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, honey, apple cider vinegar and spices to the skillet of meat. Add in the green cabbage, simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- TO SERVE
- Serve with a big salad or a cooked veggie on the side.
- For non-Paleo family members, serve over rice, pasta, or a baked potato. Serve with a big salad or a cooked veggie on the side.
- For dessert, we had my Coconut Flour Brownies, and I subbed coconut oil for the butter. YUM. You may just want to try them! 🙂
Copyright The Well Fed Homestead https://www.wellfedhomestead.com