It’s been cold here lately! I don’t know about you, but I crave a nice, warm beef soup or stew on cold days. There’s something about beef that comforts the body (at least mine!) more than any other type of meat. Anyways, this stew is sure to satisfy your taste buds this time of year! This recipe works for the GAPS Intro, Stage 4. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 quarts beef broth
- 2 TB dried parsley
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 carrots, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 large turnips, cut into large cubes
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2 inch lengths
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the pot roast, onions and broth in a large dutch oven.
- Sprinkle herbs and spices on top.
- Cook for about 2 hours, with the lid on.
- Add in the carrots, turnips and celery and cook for 1 more hour.
- Shred up the beef and serve in bowls like a stew.
Copyright The Well Fed Homestead https://www.wellfedhomestead.com
What have you been eating in this cold weather?